Apply to become a Yale University Young Global Scholar (Scholarship available)
Deadline: February 23, 2022.
Sciences Po created the Émile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Émile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
The Émile Boutmy scholarship fund benefits from the generous support of its sponsors (benefactors, companies and foundations) who are eager to allow the most deserving international students to study at Sciences Po. Private sponsors can be in direct contact with scholarship holders during official organised events.
They support the Émile Boutmy excellence scholarship : BNP Paribas, Chalhoub Group, RATP Foundation, L’Oréal, Total.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be: first time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
Students who are not eligible are:
• Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
• Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
• Candidates from Quebec for master’s degree (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
• Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
o the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
o the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
o the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
o BAMA ITAM
• Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
• Candidates for the 1 year Master’s programmes
• Bachelor dual degree candidates (unless as part of a specific agreement)
• Exchange students
• Candidates applying via the French graduate admission procedure
The Émile Boutmy scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF…).
This scholarship is awarded based on merit and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria may also be taken into account.
This scholarship is not automatically awarded, to apply candidates must follow the instructions below.
If you have already been refused the Émile Boutmy scholarship it is not possible for you to apply again.
We will only take into account complete files.
No application request will be accepted if received after the deadline.
You will find information on our application procedures using the following links:
• Undergraduate College
• Graduate programmes
Important : It is not possible for students to apply for the Émile Boutmy scholarship after their admission to Sciences Po or during their studies at Sciences Po. Students are therefore responsible for finding another source of funding if they have not been awarded the Emily Boutmy scholarship.
The Admissions Department is responsible for awarding Émile Boutmy scholarships. Please note that your scholarship request will only be taken into account if you are admitted to one of our eligible programmes.
For more information on scholarships and financial aid.
• Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from foreign secondary schools): 23 February 2022.
• Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from French secondary schools): mid-June 2022.
• Deadline for master programme: 30 November 2021.
No application requests will be accepted after the deadline
For more information contact the Admissions Department either by filling out this contact form, or by phone +33 (0)1 45 49 50 82.