Applications are open for the AUC Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) students program 2024. The international graduate students program is a joint effort between the American University in Cairo (AUC) and the US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC). TLG Fellowship 2024 is looking for academically qualified and economically deserving students. Students who have professional qualifications and experience who need to advance their knowledge and want to contribute their part in the achievement of socially relevant outcomes through the graduate study program. During this AUC Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program, students will also conduct research that will enhance the professionalization of emerging leaders.
The AUC TLG 2024 aims to propose solutions to the mutually shared problems in the MENA region. TLG offers international students from North Africa (MENA) and the Middle East a unique opportunity to pursue their higher education for free and earn a master’s degree on scholarship at the American University in Cairo (AUC). Students must pursue their graduate studies in one of the eligible graduate programs and pursue their graduate research in the topics below. The TLG Students Program includes a wide range of research fields and topics. The fully funded TLG fellowship program for international students is full of benefits, covering almost all expenses will be covered under this AUC graduate students program.
Under the TLG Fellowship, students will have some responsibilities. Students must fulfill these responsibilities to continue their graduate studies. Students with excellent academic records and research interest in any available TLG program topics are recommended to apply for AUC Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program (TLG) 2024. Applicants of the TLG students program 2024 must commit to fulfilling the program’s research requirements and pursue their graduate thesis research in any of the following research projects like: Emotional intelligence in school leadership, Contemporary Urbanisms, Poverty and inequality among migrants and refugees, Public diplomacy, Urban policies and the planning of the city, Governance, Health Care, Environmental Sustainability and many more. All the details of the AUC TLG Students Program 2024 are given below, so read this article thoroughly and apply before the TLG Students Program deadline.
Available TLG Programs:
The following graduate programs are available at the American University in Cairo (AUC) under the AUC Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program 2024:
- Master of Arts in Gender and Women’s Studies (MA GNST)
- Master of Arts in Migration and Refugee Studies (MA CMRS)
- MA in Middle East Studies (MA MEST)
- Master of Arts in International and Comparative Education (MA ICED)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication (MA JRMC)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of International Human Rights Law (MA IHRL)
- Master of Arts in Economics in International Development (MA ECID)
- Master of Science in Biotechnology (MS BIOT)
- Master of Science in Sustainable Development (MS SSDV)
- Master of Arts in Political Science (MA POLS)
- Master of Arts in Sociology/Anthropology (MA SOAN)
- Master of Science in Environmental Engineering (MS ENVE)
- Country: Egypt
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Algeria, Iraq, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Libya, Yemen, Tunisia, Syria, the West Bank, Bahrain, and Gaza.
- Deadline: November 30, 2023
Eligibility Criteria of the AUC Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program:
- The students should be nationals/citizens of any of the above-mentioned eligible countries.
- Applicants must meet the AUC graduate admission requirements.
- Applicants must have a strong academic profile to be eligible for the TLG Fellowship 2024.
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 out of 4.0 or equivalent.
- Students must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Students must possess flexibility, maturity, and leadership potential demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, interviews, and recommendations.
- Applicants must be in financial need to pursue their graduate studies.
TLG Students Responsibilities:
- Students under the TLG students program must maintain full-time status throughout their graduate studies.
- Students should complete their graduate degrees within two years.
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Students must be committed to their chosen research projects
- Students must complete a TLG academic English writing course successfully.
- Students must successfully complete leadership/civic engagement workshops that will be assigned throughout the international graduate program.
- Students must take part in the TLG graduate student conferences.
- Students must commit to all activities of the TLG fellowship program.
Benefits of the AUC Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program:
- The fully-funded graduate program will cover the full tuition fee.
- TLG fellows will also get a monthly stipend.
- Medical insurance will be provided.
- Student Housing will be provided to all the students.
- Laptop will be provided during the duration of the AUC Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program.
- Internship/practicum opportunities will be given to all fellows, including local transportation allowance if needed
- The scholars will also get a chance to attend one conference to present their research findings, applied to and awarded competitively
- Two annual round-trip air tickets (economy) from home to campus will also be given under the TLG Graduate Fellowship 2024.
- Housing and living stipends will also be provided to continue program activities on campus during breaks for those students who will not be able to return home because of any uncontrollable circumstances.
- Fellows will also receive books allowance.
TLG Fellowship Requirements:
- Statement of purpose
- Updated CV
- Valid national ID card Copy (Egyptians only) or valid passport information pages (for non-Egyptians)
- Scanned copy of a recent photograph (official)
- Official Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation