Be the first to get our daily update, connect with us
Everything you need to know about scholarships in Malaysia
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SCHOLARSHIP
Although tertiary education is sometimes costly, many private and public organisations provide a wide range of scholarship programmes to recognise and reward exceptional students. While there are a few well-known ones, there is a slew of less well-known others. Here’s a quick rundown of the Malaysian education scholarships available.
Although there are no distinct “categories” of undergraduate scholarships, different criteria are used to award these awards. Almost all are based on academic achievement, but others require prerequisites and outstanding marks. Some organisations or organisations, for example, demand that the recipient or their parents be members before they may be considered.
What is COVERED by scholarship in malaysia
- Cover tuition fees
- Accommodation at university hostels.
- Monthly Allowance
- Flight Tickets
- Laptops and academic books.
Why study in malaysia
- Rapidly Improving Quality Higher Education
- Destination For International Degrees
- Lower Costs Of Studying & Living
- Job Opportunities For Students
- Seamless Immigration Procedures
- Unique & Diverse Culture
- No Language Barriers
- Wanderlust For Travel Enthusiasts
- A paradise for food
Process to apply for a scholarship in Malaysia
In Malaysia, the application process for scholarships is pretty simple. You would need to apply along with the following documents:
- Copies of your academic transcripts
- Any notable accomplishments that may sway the votes in your favour.
- Extracurricular documents
- English language proficiency certificate (not required for all scholarships)
- After that, you wait for a response.
Due to the large number of students who apply for scholarships, only shortlisted will get a response. The technique then varies significantly depending on the programme. All would need at least one level of interviewing and some examination (essays etc.). Fingers crossed that you’re one of the lucky ones.
SCHOLARSHIPS TO APPLY TO IN MALAYSIA
Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- Albukhary Foundation Scholarship
- Astro Scholarship Award
- Khazanah Global Scholarship
- Maybank Scholarship Programme
- Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme
- JPA Scholarship
What is covered for this scholarship
- Tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- Laptops and academic books
This scholarship provides financial assistance to the needy (low-income, handicapped/differently-abled, rural locations, etc.) to succeed in school. Scholarships are typically awarded by the government, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), colleges, or a company’s or group’s charitable arm. Below are a list of most awarding scholarship in Malaysia:
- Ministry of Higher Education Financial Aid For OKU
- UCSI University Trust Financial Aid
- HELP-MIC Scholarship
- Yayasan Tan Sri Lee Shin Cheng Scholarship Award
- Kuok Foundation Berhad Scholarship
- Albukhary International University Scholarship
- Kolej Universiti Islam Perlis (KUIPs) Scholarship
What to do before applying
Furthermore, applying for as many scholarship programmes as possible makes excellent sense given many candidates. Applying for a scholarship programme does not guarantee that you will be accepted, so be careful to cast a broad net and attend as many shortlisted interviews as possible. These interviews are also excellent preparation for the future!
Finally, keep in mind that scholarship recipients are required to maintain a particular standard of excellence. Keep in mind that scholarship sponsors may remove rewards to students involved in disciplinary actions.