Applications for the Goi Peace International Essay Contest are open now. This program is an activity that comes under the framework of UNESCO’s Education for Sustainable Development, in which they are working towards achieving the SDGs (ESD for 2030). The Goi Peace International Essay Competition is organized annually to harness the creativity, energy and initiative to promote a culture of peace and sustainable development. This fully funded competition aims to inspire and motivate society to learn from young people’s minds and think about how we can make a difference in the world. If you are a young writer or a person who wants to change society through his thoughts, this is an amazing chance for you. Young people have sharp minds and can think wisely and critically, so using young people’s minds to motivate others is a great step. It is also a good chance for people who wants to change the world. In this competition, people can express their thoughts through the essay. This is an international competition, so people participating in this contest can convey their positive thoughts to society internationally. Winners will get a chance to be recognized on an international platform. It is an online competition, so young people from any part of the world can apply. Moreover, this contest awards cash prizes to the winners. This is a free essay contest, and you can participate without fees. We all know that our society needs a change, and people working to make a change and achieve sustainable development goals need a platform to express their ideas and turn them into reality. This international essay contest 2023 is a great opportunity to convert your revolutionary thoughts and ideas into actions. The theme of the contest is “Youth Creating a Peaceful Future.” The theme reflects that this online essay contest 2023 will be based on achieving a peaceful future. A peaceful future can be attained by achieving sustainable development goals. Goi peace foundation will also provide a free certificate to the participants. Applicants can download it from the online registration page after submitting the essay. So what are you waiting for? Send in your submissions for the Goi Peace international essay contest.
Theme for the Essay Competition:
“Youth Creating a Peaceful Future” According to the theme, you have to write an essay describing what a peaceful world looks like to you? How can young people work together, using their creative minds, ideas and approaches to realize a peaceful future? The essay should reflect your specific ideas.
- Deadline is June 15, 2023
- Country: Online
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria for the Goi Peace International Essay Contest
- Applicants submitting the essay should be a maximum of 25 years of their age (as of June 15, 2023) in any of the following categories:
- Children category (ages up to 14)
- Youth category (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French; if it is in Japanese, 1600 characters or less. But essays written in other languages are also accepted if translations accompany them in any of the accepted languages.
- Essays must include your name and essay title at the top of the first page (your name and title are not in 700 words).
- There are no rules related to essay formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.). But Applicants must submit essays in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format.
- Applicants must submit their essays online through the online registration page.
- Teachers and youth directors can submit a collection of essays of their class or group by creating an ‘account for school/organization entrant.’
- An applicant can only submit one essay.
- One person must write essays. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Essays containing plagiarized content will be rejected.
Benefits For the for the Goi Peace International Essay Contest
The following awards will be distributed in the Children’s and Youth categories, respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, the prize of 100,000 Yen, approximately $740 as of Feb 2023 and gift for one entrant.
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, the prize of 50,000 Yen, approximately $370 as of Feb 2023 and a gift for three entrants.
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift for five entrants.
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift for 25 entrants.
Winners from the 1st-3rd prize will be invited to the Winners Gathering, which will be online.
Additional awards can be Best School Award (School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
On their original website, all prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2023 (Japan time). In December 2023, certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners.
Also Apply Tsinghua University scholarship in China