Applications are open for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2024. 166 PhD scholarships in Canada will be awarded this year to the highly talented, skilled and bright graduates who want to pursue higher education in Canada and conduct research that benefits humanity. The Canadian Government scholarships are open for all international students, Canadian citizens and permanent Canadian residents.
The scholarship is offered for a Doctorate program, MA/PhD, MD/PhD or master’s leading to PhD. The duration of Vanier CGS 2024 funding is three years; $ 50,000 will be awarded for three years of the PhD program. The Canadian scholarships for international students aim to select outstanding applicants with leadership qualities who demonstrate academic achievements in health-related science, social science and humanities, engineering or natural science. There is no interview process for the selected scholars for the Vanier Canada Scholarship; all the application selection is based on the documents provided by the applicants.
The process to apply for this Canadian government scholarship for international students is slightly different; applicants cannot apply individually. They need to contact their research institute to make a nomination, or the institute can contact an individual to nominate them. The applicants must apply to the university and inform them about the Vanier scholarship nomination.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships provide financial support that significantly alleviates the burden of tuition fees and living expenses, enabling students to focus more on their academic goals. Scholars gain access to valuable professional networks, industry partnerships, and mentorship, enhancing their career prospects both in Canada and globally.
Pursuing a graduate scholarship in Canada not only paves the way for academic excellence but also opens doors to a rewarding and holistic personal and professional growth journey. Furthermore, studying in Canada exposes students to a diverse cultural environment, which can enhance their global perspective and cross-cultural communication skills.
The Vanier Canada graduate scholarships for international students include institutes in Canada which have got Vanier’s CGS quota. It is an excellent opportunity to study at one of the top universities in Canada. Canadian institutions will nominate preferred applicants for the Vanier scholarship in Canada. The grant provided under the international Canadian scholarship is enough to cover tuition fees, accommodation and other study-related expenses. More details about the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are provided in the article below, so make sure to read the full article. If you want to study in Canada, you can check other scholarships to study in Canada on our website.
Areas of Research For Vanier CGS:
- Health Science
- Natural science and engineering
- Social science and humanities
- Country: Canada
- Financial coverage: Partially Funded
- Deadline: November 1, 2023
Eligibility criteria of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:
- The applicant and the nominating university must meet the requirements.
- International students, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada can apply.
- They must pursue a PhD for the first time and be full-time students at Canadian institutions.
- Furthermore, they must be nominated by only one institute/university under the Vainer CGS universities quota.
- Applicants must intend to pursue a full-time doctoral degree in the summer semester or the academic year of the announcement of results.
- Applicants pursuing joint professional degree programs such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, or JD/PhD are eligible for the scholarship. However, only the PhD program will be funded.
- Students must have completed no more than twenty months of full-time study in a doctoral program by 1 May 2024 (for a doctoral program that will begin after a master’s degree.)
- Applicants must have completed no more than 32 months of their full-time study in a doctoral program by 1 May 2024 (for doctoral programs enrolled in a joint graduate research program that started directly after a bachelor’s without obtaining a master’s degree. The time period is calculated from the starting date on which the student is officially registered in the joint graduate program).
- They shall not receive any other award, scholarship or funding for PhD program.
- Furthermore, applicants must have a significant research history or component in the research proposal.
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average in the last two years of full-time study.
- Moreover, applicants must not receive or have received any other fellowship or scholarship from the following three agencies CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC.
Benefits of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships will grant $50,000 per annum for three years of the PhD program.
- The grant is almost enough to cover tuition fees and living expenses in Canada as a student.
- A chance to study at a top Canadian institute of the applicant’s choice.
- Scholarship recipients will get an opportunity to visit Canada for free with the Vanier Canada graduate scholarships.
Required Documents for Vanier CGS:
- A ResearchNet application form.
- Canadian common CV (CCV/Resume).
- A nomination letter of a maximum of two pages.
- Institution transcripts.
- Personal Leadership Statement of a maximum of two pages for English or 2.5 pages for French applications.
- Two Leadership reference Letters of a maximum of two pages each.
- Research proposal of a maximum of two pages for English or 2.5 pages for French applications.
- Project references of a maximum of five pages.
- Research contributions of a maximum of one page.
- Proof of special circumstances of a maximum of one page (optional).
- Two referee assessments.
- Other application material of part-time status or MD/PhD program timeline of a maximum of one page (optional).
- For more details about the requirements, click here.