The Bank Internship Program (BIP) gives people who are highly motivated the chance to learn about the purpose and operations of the World Bank during the course of an internship. ban Individuals are given the opportunity to participate in the work of the Bank with fresh points of view, original ideas, and research experience, all while enhancing their abilities in a varied setting via the internship. In addition, it is a fantastic opportunity to get valuable job experience that may be included on resumes. There are internships available in development operations as well as in other business units (such as Human Resources, Communications, Accounting, and so on). The availability of these internships during any given internship term is, however, contingent on the requirements of the respective business units.
The WB Internship Program typically looks for applicants for the following positions: Operations (Front Line) in the following disciplines: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, and population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resource management, private sector development, and other related disciplines; or corporate support.
The World Bank Internship Program 2023 Summary
- Opportunity Location: USA
- Opportunity Package: Fully Funded
- Institute: World Bank
- Level of Study: Internship
- Deadline: 01/31/2023
The WB Internship is offered twice a year:
• Summer Internship (May–September): The application period is December 1–January 31 each year.
• Winter Internship (November–March): The application period is October 1-31 each year.
All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period. (We do not accept applications by email.)
J1 visa holders need to obtain a G4 visa abroad prior to starting employment or unpaid internship at the WB.
The Karolinska Institutet Global Master’s Scholarships Available Subjects
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Molecular Techniques in Life Science
- Health Informatics
- Nutrition Sciences
- Public Health
Also Read Hansen Summer Institute 2023 in USA
The World Bank Internship Program 2023 Benefits
- The WB pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager.
- These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city.
- Interns are responsible for their own accommodations.
- Driven by business needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the WB country offices. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
The World Bank Internship Program 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for an Internship,
- candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time). There is no age limit.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such as: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable. Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
- We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage all qualified individuals, particularly women, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds to apply. Our aim is to attract and recruit the best talent in the world.
- People coming from all regions are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
• Please make sure that you are connected with a reasonable bandwidth of internet connection without any network/firewall restriction.
• You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address. Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
• You must complete your application in a single session and you will only be able to submit it if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
• Please complete the application within 90 minutes to avoid a system timeout.
• Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
• Please do not enter any special characters (â-<>&#â, etc.) in any of the application fields. Try not to copy and paste any characters/text from Microsoft Word.
- Please make sure that the filenames of the documents that you are attaching do not contain any special characters, such as â-<>&#â, etc. PDF files are the best files to upload.
• Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
• Upon submission of your application you will receive an email confirmation providing you with your application number.
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2023