Be the first to get our daily update, connect with us
DR. GOH KENG SWEE SCHOLARSHIP | FULLY FUNDED
Deadline: March 31, 2022
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar) to pursue undergraduate studies at local universities in Singapore i.e. National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
The Dr GKS Scholarship Fund was set up by the financial community in Singapore in honour of the former Deputy Prime Minister, who fostered Singapore’s economic development and growth as a reputable international financial centre.
Details about DR. GOH KENG SWEE SCHOLARSHIP
- Country: Singapore
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: March 31st, 2022
Eligibility Criteria of DR. GOH KENG SWEE SCHOLARSHIP
The Dr GKS Scholarship is open to students who are citizens/passport holders of Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Singapore citizens and PRs are not eligible to apply for the Dr GKS Scholarship.
- Ensure that the necessary university admission requirements are met (inclusive of sitting for any required university entrance examinations);
- Concurrently apply for admission to NUS, NTU, SMU or SUTD. Most courses (except for specialised courses like Medicine) will be considered. Applicants should adhere to the university’s admission deadlines and guidelines;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and possess good academic and co-curricular activities (CCA) achievements; and
- Have taken the SAT or made arrangement to take the SAT* (for more information on SAT and registration for the test, please refer to the College Board website).
Benefits of DR. GOH KENG SWEE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship supports a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study (including Honours). It provides the following:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees;
- Airfare (to Singapore and return to home country upon completion of study);
- Annual maintenance allowance of SGD6500;
- Hostel allowance based on institution of study; and
- Settling-in allowance (one-off expense) of SGD200 upon arrival in Singapore.
- The scholarship award will be reviewed annually and is subjected to satisfactory performance and academic results.
Successful candidates will be required to work for 3 years upon the completion of their studies in either:
- An approved company in Singapore; or
- An approved Singapore-based company in their home country
The deployment of scholarship holders to serve their bonds will be determined by the Dr GKS Scholarship Fund.
Checkout this opportunity to Study in Japan. Read this MEXT Ritsumeikan APU Japanese Government Scholarship 2022
HOW TO APPLY
The 2022 Dr GKS Scholarship application will commence on 15 November 2021 and end on 31 March 2022 at 23:59, Singapore time (UTC+08:00).
Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to take an online personality profiling test in April 2022.
Applicants selected to attend the final interview will expect a session scheduled in end-May/June 2022. More information will be available at a later date.
For enquiries, please refer to the FAQs or send your questions to GKS_Scholarships@abs.org.sg.