Looking forward to studying in the Europe? Star Scholarship Opportunities is back with the Ghent University Scholarships 2023-2024 are excellent opportunities for international students pursuing doctoral education in Europe. This scholarship is initiated for scholars from developing countries who wish to establish a name for themselves in science.
The Ghent University scholarship attracts brilliant brains from all around the world. It provides an opportunity to gain practical experience by allowing them to become a critical member of a diverse community of researchers. It also helps applicants broaden their knowledge by allowing them to participate in various research activities while being guided by top experts. Furthermore, this fully-funded Ph.D scholarship program allows students to research in the North for the first 24 months, after which they must research in the South for the remaining 24 months. The international Ph.D. scholarships in Europe help students with big dreams start a career and make a big difference in the world. Various global difficulties, such as health, water and food, climate change, and other environmental-related issues, are wreaking havoc worldwide.
Ghent University’s research community is keen to create solutions to those above challenging global concerns. The Ghent campus strives to create an inventive, intelligent, energetic, and dynamic workforce in environmental and food technology and molecular biotechnology. The campus’s purpose is to broaden the horizons of those who belong to these disciplines. Great Opportunity for international students in Belgium will provide sufficient funding for doctoral students.
The Ghent University scholarships abroad provide students with an excellent setting that stimulates high research exploration and supports autonomous thinking. Additionally, researchers and scholars are provided with a stimulating environment to think outside the box and develop a persuasive analysis that employs critical analytical approaches and methodologies. Ghent University is regarded as one of Europe’s best international universities. The world’s most prestigious institution is recognized as a crossroads that connects regions throughout the globe. The institute’s research addresses global concerns and Belgium’s specific challenges.
The fully sponsored Ghent University for doctoral research aims to justify the country’s worldwide peace. The curriculum supports advanced academia, research, and teaching approaches by utilizing existing resources and gaining extra skills and talents. Furthermore, it operates in a collaborative setting with the goal of information sharing and technology transfer. As a result, participatory and pragmatic solutions to address the residual challenges are developed. The Ministry of Education (South Korea) and the Organization of Belgium and the Netherlands have authorized the Ghent University Campus to fund the Ph.D. fellowship.
Living in Belgium is not cheap but relatively affordable; students can manage their expenses and live easily. Every year, students from different countries go to Belgium for higher studies, scholarships, and even self-finance. So do not miss your chance and apply today to study in Europe!
Ghent University Scholarships Application Summary
- Scholarship Location: Belgium
- Scholarship Package: Fully Funded
- Institute: University of Pennsylvania
- Deadline: 02/02/2023
- Eligible Region: The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guatemala, Eritrea, India, Ethiopia, Jordan, Guinea, Kenya, Guinea-Bissau, Kosovo, Georgia, Comoros, Ghana, Haiti, Kyrgyzstan, Kiribati, Micronesia, Laos, Moldova, Lesotho, Mongolia, Libe, Pakistan, India, Indonesia, Gambia, Afghanistan, South Korea, Armenia, India, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Cuba, Angola, Zimbabwe, Bolivia, Bhutan, Nigeria, Mali Sao Tome and Principe, Tokelau, Vietnam, Somalia, Palestine, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Ecuador, Bangladesh, Capo Verde, Peru, Benin, Cameroon, Suriname, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Eritrea, India, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Tunisia, Senegal, Ukraine, El Salvador, Central African Republic, Djibouti, Honduras, Sierra Leone, Uzbekistan,
Ghent University Scholarships Benefits
- Applicants must belong to one of the developing countries mentioned above.
- They shall submit a joint research proposal, including the supervisor of Partner University and Ghent University.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Exchange students cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants with topics that are relevant to development will be preferred.
- They must agree to the mobility scheme of the Ph.D. scholarship in Belgium.
- Their first research stay must start between 1 October 2023 and 29 February 2024.
Ghent University Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
- A tuition fee waiver for 24 months will be provided.
- €310 monthly expense for research.
- Travel budget of about €8000.
- Furthermore, it is a good opportunity for international students to study at a top university.
- Explore and conduct research in Europe.
Ghent University Scholarships Required Documents
- Updated resume/CV
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Transcripts from prior undergraduate and graduate institutions.
- English Language Exam
How to Apply
- The application process is online.
- Applicants must fill out the form in English and submit it via email at BOFapplication@ugent.be.
- Along with the application form, the supervisor must submit 2 documents mentioned below.
- Advice on the applicant, stating the supervisors’ opinion on the applicant’s capability as a future researcher.
- Advice on the ethical and biosafety context of the proposed research project
- Applications must be submitted before the deadline ends.
- The deadline for the Ghent University Scholarships is 2 February 2023.
- The results will be announced starting on 24 May 2023.