The TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program promotes young, international students from various backgrounds to do research in modern labs. Researchers worldwide who want international research experience are motivated to apply for TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023. This fully funded fellowship program is available to international researchers from the Islamic Development Bank’s least-developed member countries. This Fellowship supports research linked to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and provides researchers with training in areas applicable to sustainability science. This program collaborates with the World Academy of Sciences and the Islamic Development Bank.
This fellowship program support research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing recipients with high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science. Scientific research can be expensive as it needs modern laboratories, advanced equipment and setups, all of which requires a significant amount of money and workforce. This research fellowship program is for a researcher eager to give back to the community and determined to solve actual problems. The good thing about this research opportunity is that it is fully funded, so the students do not need to worry about their expenses.
TWAS was founded by a group of scientists from the developing world in 1983 under the leadership of Abdus Salam. The World Academy of Sciences is in Italy. This organization has partnered with The Islamic Development Bank to support young and innovative researchers to contribute to the world by executing modern research. They believed that by building strength in science and engineering, developing nations could create the knowledge and skill to communicate such challenges as hunger, disease and poverty. From the start, the Academy had essential support from Italian scientists and political leaders. Successful candidates will also get a stipend to make up for their research expenses and their expenditures at the institute for their stay.
For this Fellowship program, the host center should be identified by the candidate based on their particular area of research. IsDB -TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships are for a minimum of three months to a maximum of six months. The selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance through the Fellowship. So, take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to polish your skills, work with world-class researchers, and apply before the deadline, 6 March 2023.
TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Application Summary
- Scholarship Package: Fully Funded
- Institute: IsDB
- Deadline: 03/06/2023
TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Benefits
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend.
- Moreover, accommodation expenses will also be provided to the fellows.
- ISDB will also cover the candidate’s health insurance.
- Furthermore, the fully funded fellowship program will also cover the food expenses.
- The fellowship program will cover a round-trip air ticket of more than 1000 US dollars.
- More than 2600 US dollars will be given to fellows for laboratory expenses during their research.
TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree in their respective fields.
- Candidates must select a host institute based in a developing country.
- An acceptance letter from the supervisor is compulsory for this postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Candidates should be at most 45 years.
- Proven research experience of at least five years is needed.
- Candidates must be employed at an institution in their home country.
- Candidates must be nationals and residents in one of the IsDB’s least developed member countries.
- After getting approval from their host supervisor, the candidate should present a detailed research plan.
TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Required Documents
- Candidate’s photocopy of the passport.
- Academic transcripts of the candidate.
- Candidate’s language proficiency certificate (can be submitted later).
- An acceptance letter from the fellowship program.
- Candidate’s health certificate (not needed at the time of application).
- A research proposal.
- Two reference letters of the candidate.
How to Apply
- The application process for the TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Candidates have to create an account.
- Then apply for the scholarship through the application form available on the official website.
- Please fill out the application form and submit it along with supporting documents.
- Candidates must complete the electronic application before the last date of submission.
- The deadline for TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship application submission is 6 March 2023.