Be the first to get our daily update, connect with us
MEXT Scholarship 2023 | Study in Japan
Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy
MEXT Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters, PhD and training studies. MEXT scholarship will cover tuition fee, accommodation, monthly living allowance and round airfare travel expenses from your country to Japan.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / PhD) students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.
Normally the Application cycle of the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is announced in April. Knowledge of Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory for this scholarship.
This is the Mext embassy recommended scholarship. You will apply through the Japanese embassy in your country. (the links to all embassies are given below).
MEXT Scholarship 2023 Details
- Host Country: Japan
- Level of Study:Undergraduate, Masters, PhD, Training
- Institution(s): Japanese Universities
- Courses Offered: All types of courses offered in all Japanese Universities from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
- Program Period: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, PhD: 3-4 Years
- Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy (Click here to check deadlines)
MEXT Scholarship 2023 Benefits
MEXT Scholarship 2023 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2022 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination, Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Checkout this opportunity Albukhary International University Scholarship
MEXT Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- For Masters / PhD Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary or teacher training college in your country.
- For Japanese Study Students: Applicants must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools which major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.
MEXT Scholarship 2023 Required documents
- MEXT Scholarship Application form
- The highest degree verified with official stamps.
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree
Note: If the degree is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English is required.
- The highest degree Transcript verified with official stamps. (Including Grading system)
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree Transcripts
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree Transcripts
Note: If the diploma is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or is required.
- Two recommendation letters: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who are able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential) in either English. (for research students)
- Passport Scan (if available at the time of application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
- Study plan / Statement of purpose. The study plan is written in English. Basic content shall include motivation of application, education/ research Background, and prospective study at APU. (for research students)
- English Language Proficiency Document: Those students whose language institute was in English can Submit English Proficiency Certificate from their Home University & they are exempted from Language Test.
- Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students)
- Other reference documents (if applicable)
Checkout this opportunity KAUST VSRP Internship Program 2022 – Fully Funded
how to apply
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MEXT Scholarship:
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it.
- Submit the required documents (list given below) to Japanese Embassy of your country.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or embassy website.