Be the first to get our daily update, connect with us
University Of Strathclyde Asylum Seeker Scholarship 2022 Fully Funded
The University of Strathclyde has announced Asylum Seeker Scholarship in UK 2022 to pursue Undergraduate / Bachelors and Postgraduate Courses. The University of Strathclyde invites international students to contribute to international research-based projects. Asylum Seeker Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship for international to Study in UK. Don’t Miss this great opportunity.
The University of Strathclyde is one of the research-oriented public universities located in Glasgow, Scotland. This university was founded in 1796 by the name “Andersonian Institute”, furthermore it is Glasgow’s second-oldest university. The University of Strathclyde was considered the first technological university in the United Kingdom by 1964.
They are offering a wide range of research fields that includes engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, Science, and Strathclyde Business Management. There are hundreds of International Students and alumni from all over the world.
The University of Strathclyde is placed 17th in the United Kingdom by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022, and 18th in the United Kingdom by The Guardian University Guide 2022. The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 rate Strathclyde in the top ten in the UK for 20 subject areas.
Asylum Seeker Scholarship 2022 is a Fully Funded Scholarship program. The Student Grants program aims to support undergraduate and graduate students who are facing certain circumstances which prevent them from achieving their goals. These grants aim to improve social mobility, relieve financial needs where other support is not available to help them and enable students to have a positive impact on society in the future.
This international scholarship is available to help asylum seekers to afford the cost of education. Through the program, qualified applicants can receive free tuition as well as money for books, transportation, housing, and food. The specific amount awarded will be dependent on the candidate’s individual circumstances. The program is open to the applicants who have demonstrated financial need, enrolled themselves in a program where the likelihood of employment is high.
These scholarships are highly competitive, So asylum seekers are encouraged to apply. Asylum Seeker Scholarship for international students is available to pursue Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree programs. This scholarship program gives a chance to asylum seekers to study for a first degree or professional qualification.
Details about the University Of Strathclyde Asylum Seeker Scholarship
Host Country: Study in UK
Host University: University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK.
Scholarships Offered By: University Funded
Scholarships Coverage: Fully Funded
Degree Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree Programs.
Available degree programs available for University Of Strathclyde Asylum Seeker Scholarship
The University of Strathclyde offers 100+ Different degree programs for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies. Almost all academic fields and majors are available. Please check the following list given below:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical & Process Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Design, Manufacturing & Engineering Management
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Centre for Lifelong Learning
- Government & Public Policy
- Psychological Sciences & Health
- Social Work & Social Policy
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Pure & Applied Chemistry
- Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences
Strathclyde Business School
- Accounting & Finance
- Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Management Science
- MBA & General Management
- Strathclyde Executive Education & Development
- Work, Employment & Organisation
Applicants can also visit here for complete details of the degree programs
Eligibility Criteria of the University Of Strathclyde Asylum Seeker Scholarship
- To qualify for an asylum-seeker scholarship, applicants must first apply for, and receive an offer of admission to an undergraduate degree program at University and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must have discretionary or limited leave to remain in the UK, be a dependent of someone with discretionary or limited leave to remain as a result of an application for refugee status, or they have parent/guardian have submitted an asylum application and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application.
Applicants must be unable to access mainstream UK student funding due to their immigration status
- Applicants must hold a conditional or unconditional offer or have ‘decision pending’ status from the university.
- Applicants are required to meet any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter.
- Applicants must be a student already enrolled on a full-time undergraduate degree at university.
- All applicants must have to show a financial need and an inability to secure those funds from public sources, personal savings, and/or family support (including parental or partner support).
Benefits of the University Of Strathclyde Asylum Seeker Scholarship
It is a great opportunity to avail of the Scholarship in the UK for free Study in UK and explore the beauty of Europe. The Asylum Seeker International Scholarship 2022 at the University of Strathclyde, UK has the following benefits as given below:
What is the benefits of the Asylum Seeker Scholarship:
- Tuition Fees – The Asylum Seeker Scholarship program will offer scholarship grants that cover the full cost of the tuition fees of the university.
- Study Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- The scholarship is fully funded so applicants could focus on studying without financial stress.
- The scholarships are available to help applicants with financial challenges and to help them to access education, training, and employment.
- Scholarships will make applicants able to take part in more extra-curricular activities, work experience, and/or volunteering. This will make their minds and personality positive and they will contribute better to society.
- Applicants will have equal access to education and travel.
Checkout this opportunity to Study in Japan. Read this MEXT Ritsumeikan APU Japanese Government Scholarship 2022
Require documents University Of Strathclyde Asylum Seeker Scholarship
The list of documents is given below:
- Online Application
- Research proposal/ Study Plan
- Recommendation Letters
How to apply
- Applicants may submit the application form online along with the supporting documents attached; required documents may include his/her most recent BAIL 201 letter or IS96 notice if they have one, a copy of the Application Registration Card (ARC) if they have one.
- If he/she doesn’t have either of these documents, then he/she has to provide any Home Office letters he/she has about his/her status and/or a letter from his/her legal representative confirming current status, evidence of Asylum Support if he/she is receiving it – for example a Home Office letter
- Applicants have to upload personal information that includes full name, date of birth, country of residence, email, and contact number.
Applicants have to provide clear financial information so that all funders may have a full understanding of their financial situation and most assessments are made on trust so applicants have to fulfill sincerely and truly.
- Applicants have to provide a reference letter from an individual who knows them from school, university, a mentoring or access program, or from a job or volunteering role. Personal references from a relative or friend will not be accepted.
- Reference letters should explain (how long they have known the applicant, in what capacity they know the applicant, why they think the university should consider supporting the applicant with a student grant) Applicants will need to upload this when they submit the online application form.
The scholarship will be given on the basis of the balanced academic potential and financial needs of the applicant. Applications will be evaluated by the University based on:
- The current level of academic performance and attainment of examination grades and information provided in application by the applicant and previous study in further and higher education. Priority will be given to those who have not previously attended a course of higher education at the level of the proposed studies.
- Level of financial challenges within the applicant’s household.
- The extent to which their status has become a barrier to pursuing their educational goals.
- What is the importance of studies at university for applicants in their career and integration within the UK and how they will contribute to the community?
- Applications will be evaluated by the University’s Refugee and Asylum Seeker Working Group and selected applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming that they are not subject to a prohibition on studying in the UK and will need to provide updates from time to time about their status to the University. to ensure they continue to have a right to study in the UK.