Star Scholarship Opportunities is back with the ACU Summer School 2023 is a wonderful chance for international students from ACU member nations and member universities to exchange ideas. Students, this is not an ordinary summer school but an opportunity to spend your summers in South Africa. The ACU summer exchange program was previously held in the UK. Every year the program takes place in different countries, and different universities host it. The Association of Commonwealth Universities offers fully-funded international summer school for international students. ACU is looking for energetic and passionate students from its member universities. Students will get an opportunity to study at Stellenbosch University in South Africa. This summer program is for International undergraduate and graduate students. Summer School will last a week, from 2 July 2023 to 10 July 2023. This will be an exciting opportunity to spend your summer positively and wisely by learning from a top international university.
The application process for ACU summer school is free, and there is no requirement for an application fee. The host institute will cover all the fully-funded summer exchange program expenses, including program fees, accommodation, flight costs, and even field trips. Thus, you do not need to worry about the expenses of going abroad. Furthermore, this fully funded summer scholarship will provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience. ACU program is free and will be full of field trips at Stellenbosch University and many other social activities. Students will learn a lot from the historical trips, lectures, challenging group projects, and sharing of personal experiences. The environment will be diverse as students from different regions come together to share and work. Social and cultural activities will also be arranged for students to come closer to different cultures. This is a great chance to amplify the visibility of your university on an international level.
Final-year undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. students at ACU member universities can apply for this fully funded scholarship summer school. This is a fascinating opportunity for international students to learn about the social and economic forces and political events. It will be the first time this program will take place in a winter climate. If you are inspired by an equitable future and want to take action in your community, then this summer school is for you! Forty lucky students will get an opportunity to attend the ACU Summer School in South Africa.
ACU Summer School in South Africa Application Summary
- Scholarship Location: South Africa
- Scholarship Package: Fully Funded
- Eligible Region: The following countries are included in this list: Botswana, Cameroon, Eswatini, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Brunei, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Canada, Guyana, Jamaica, Cyprus, Gib
- Deadline: 01/30/2023
ACU Summer School in South Africa Benefits
- Airport pick-up will be provided.
- ACU will cover the return flight expenses of all participants.
- Field trips in South Africa.
- On-campus meals will be provided.
- On-campus accommodation will be provided.
- No application fee.
- However, applicants will have to cover the visa fee themselves.
ACU Summer School in South Africa Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be either current postgraduate or currently enrolled undergraduate students in their final year.
- In addition, applicants must submit a detailed reference from a lecturer or supervisor at their university who is familiar with their recent academic work.
- Both male and female students are encouraged to apply for this program.
- Only students of ACU member universities can apply. Check the list of member universities here ACU member universities.
- Those who have previously studied at ACU Summer School are ineligible for this program.
ACU Summer School in South Africa Required Documents
- Academic reference from supervisor or lecturer
- Applicants are also required to submit the responses for the following:
- Their motivation to participate in the ACU Summer School and what they will contribute to and gain from this summer program.
- Explain how their interests and achievements, studies, work experience and volunteering experience fit with the themes of peace, truth and reconciliation in your context.
- Select the UN Sustainable Development Goal that relates to your field of study, explain why it is important and how that goal can be achieved, using an example from your home country.
- Applicants must describe how they plan to share the knowledge and experience gained at the ACU Summer School with their university and community after returning to their home countries.
How to Apply
- The application process for ACU Summer School is online.
- Applicants have to make an MYACU account.
- In case of not having an MYACU account, applicants can register themselves HERE.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email to access the application form.
- Applicants must submit a detailed academic record from a lecturer or supervisor as a reference letter. The supervisor should be aware of your current and past academic work.
- Your reference letter should be on official university paper and signed.
- The reference letter should explain your sustainability in attending summer school.
- 40 participants will be selected for this program.
- ACU will not cover any student visa costs or vaccination expenses.
- The program will commence on 2 July 2023 to 10 July 2023.
- Applicants must submit the application form before the deadline ends.