Be the first to get our daily update, connect with us
Italian Government Scholarship Program for Internationals 2022
Deadline: June 9, 2022.
The Italian Government offers scholarships through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific, and technological fields, promote the Italian language and culture, and support Italy’s economic system in the world. The scholarship program is open to foreign citizens as well as Italian citizens living abroad (IRE). The scholarships are available for the academic year 2022-23. The aim of the scholarships is to provide financial support to students who wish to study in Italy. The MAECI will award scholarships on a competitive basis. The selection criteria include academic merit, financial need, personal motivation, and proficiency in the Italian language. The MAECI offers a limited number of scholarships each year, and preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received a scholarship from the Italian Government.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens (Indian citizens should also register their application on the website of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/) and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) (IRE grants are offered for the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Peru, South Africa, Uruguay, and Venezuela) for the academic year 2022-23 in order to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific and technological fields, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (according to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions). Grants are offered to complete study courses and research/training programs in public or legally recognized Italian educational institutions. Scholarships are available to attend academic courses on the Italian territory only.
Italian Government Scholarship Program 2022 Details
- Host Country: Italy
- Level of Study: Masters/PhD
- Institution(s): Italian Higher Education Institutes
- Program Duration: Three, six, or nine months depending on the type of course.
- Deadline: June 9, 2022.
Italian Government Scholarship Program 2022 Benefits
Italian Government Scholarship Program 2022 for International students to Study a Bachelors degree in Italy. This scholarship will cover all the expenses. Detail is given below:
- Students will be exempt from paying tuition and enrollment fees, however, this depends on the policy of each university.
- During the entire duration of the grant, MAECI will provide students with health and medical/accident insurance.
- Students will be provided with a monthly allowance worth 900 Euros, on a quarterly basis. Student scholarship allowances will be deposited directly into the student’s Italian bank account.
Checkout this opportunity Albukhary International University Scholarship
Italian Government Scholarship Program 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- The scholarship grant for the Master’s Degree program is awarded to applicants who have completed a Bachelor’s degree in their respective country.
- You must meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the respective university/institute if you intend to apply for a scholarship for one of the Italian AFAM courses.
- The applicant who wishes to pursue a Ph.D. degree in Italy must meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by their preferred Italian institution.
- Candidate’s must be no older than 28 years of age at the time of application for a Master’s Degree, AFAM Program, or Italian language and culture course.
- The applicant for the PhD program must not be older than 30 years at the time of application
- Students interested in conducting research under the guidance of an academic supervisor should be under the age of 40
- Applicants who wish to enroll in courses taught in English must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by providing a language proficiency certificate.
- Applicants who wish to enroll in an Italian-taught course are required to submit a certificate of proficiency in the Italian language.
Italian Government Scholarship Program 2022 GRANTS OPPORTUNITIES
1.1 Master’s Degree (Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
Grants for Master’s Degree courses are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
Admission to the first year of a Master’s Degree course in Italy requires the completion of a Bachelor’s degree; admission to the second year is granted to applicants who can prove satisfactory academic progress with their first year exams.
Note: For some Master’s Degree (Laurea Magistrale) courses, enrolment is possible only after passing admission tests. Applicants are urged to verify this or other requirements with the University of their choice. Pre-enrolment through the portal might also be mandatory.
1.2 Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM)
Grants for Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM) are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
To be admitted to an Italian AFAM Institute, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the relevant Institute.
Note: For some AFAM courses, enrolment is possible only after passing admission tests. Applicants are urged to verify this or other requirements with the AFAM Institute of their choice. Pre-enrolment through the portal might also be mandatory.
1.3 PhD program
Grants for a PhD program are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
To be admitted to a PhD in Italy, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the University; they are also required to provide the admission letter to the PhD from the relevant Italian University.
1.4 Research projects under academic supervision (Progetti in co-tutela)
Grants for a research under academic supervision are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
This type of grants can be awarded to research projects carried out at Italian Research Institutions (i.e. Italian Research Council – CNR, Italian National Institute of Health – ISS, Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics – INFN, Italian National Institute for Astrophysics – INAF, The Italian Institute for Environmental Protection and Research – ISPRA, and others), public or recognized Universities, Museums and Archives.
Applicants must submit a research project, with the name and contacts (e-mail address) of their supervisor, and provide the invitation/acceptance letter from the host University/Institute.
1.5 Italian language and culture advanced courses
Grants for Italian language and culture courses are awarded for a period of 3 (three) months exclusively to students attending an Italian course at a University or at an Italian Cultural Institute.
Applicants must provide a certification regarding their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is A2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
Checkout this opportunity KAUST VSRP Internship Program 2022 – Fully Funded
how to apply
The applicant must scan his original documents, in order to display the documents in their original colors.
- The applicant must attach all documents in Arabic or English language
- In case of an applicant being granted admission, the accepted student must bring his original documents, attested by the Saudi Embassy. If there is no Saudi Embassy in his country, he should have his documents attested by an authority recognized by the university.
- In the case of errors in the basic information found on the applicant’s original documents (such as name, date of birth, place of birth, etc.), the applicant must correct such mistakes with the responsible authorities before sending his application, since the University Council forbids the correction of this fundamental information after admission.
- This scholarship is to promote basic science study between Muslim youth. Those who are interested in studying Physics, Mathematics, chemistry are welcome to apply.