Be the first to get our daily update, connect with us
Cheapest Universities in Canada
Canada is regarded as one of the best destinations for international students with regards to its world-class universities, high quality of life, and commendable safety. It is home to more than 640,000 international students. There is a probability to enrol and complete your studies in Canadian institutions with less amount to pay. The most essential consideration is to enrol in any of these affordable universities in Canada with quality education at a cheap price.
Canada is considered by most international students due to the following reasons below:
- The high rankings of Canadian universities and colleges attract international students. University of Toronto, McGill University, McMaster University, and the University of British Columbia compete with the Ivy League and other elite colleges in the U.k.. Unlike some universities in the United States, these universities provide excellent scholarship opportunities to foreign students.
- International students wish to study in Canada because of the beautiful nature in Canada. This country is known for its beauty and has fascinating animals and plants. Since places like Vancouver, Quebec, and Nova Scotia are famous tourist attractions, many international students wish to study in Canada to sightsee and view the beautiful and magnificent nature.
- Canadian universities and colleges offer undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. programs with affordable tuition. Also, professional degrees such as MBA and Medical doctors can be obtained by paying affordable tuition fees. I need to state that these tuition figures change according to your major, so numbers are average.
For requirements, just as any other institution, the basic requirement to take a Bachelor’s or Bachelors Honors degree is a high school diploma. Correspondingly, Master’s degree applicants need a Bachelor’s degree to be admitted.
Moreover, certificates, transcript of records as well as testimonial(if available) are also required, apart from other documents such as work experience and GRE/GMAT results for post grad applicants. Moreover, proficiency in English or French may be needed depending on the university.
Take note, it is possible to study in Canadian institutions with English as the medium of studying. Most universities in Canada teach in English although some lecture classes are in French. This is the reason why schools such as McGill University require English proficiency through IELTS, TOEFL, or Cambridge exams. The same requirements apply at the University of British Columbia, which has an English Language Admission Standard that the foreign applicant must meet.
There is a possibility to study in a Canadian institution without paying by yourself. However, it is not as easy as it may look. There are numerous scholarship providers that can aid you to study in Canada Provided you meet their requirements. Some low-cost academic institutions provide scholarship opportunities to foreign students. With the low tuition fees and scholarships, you will undoubtedly be able to substantially reduce your expenses.s
Why study in Canada
Compared to top universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other English-speaking countries, Canada offers degrees that are much easier on your wallet. The cost of living in Canada is lower in comparison with other countries.
2. High Reputation.
Canada has a reputation for one of the best education systems in the world, and its universities are no exception.
3. Ease of living.
Studying in another country can sound daunting, but making that happen in an English-speaking, first-world country makes it easier for international students to get along.
Also read Why study Abroad
Tuition fees for international students
Tuition for international students studying in Canada will depend on the type of program and where you choose to study. Bachelor’s degrees will vary from $7,203 up to $49,800 per year in tuition, while yearly tuition fees for Master’s degrees will cost between $3,222 to $42,850.
Top Universities in Canada
U.S. News lists the top Canadian universities as University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill University, McMaster University and University of Montreal. These universities are all recognised internationally as excellent global schools and still offer much more affordable tuition rates than their international counterparts.
University of Montreal
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $13,048 – $16,990
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $16,372
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $16,815 – $45,263
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $16,816
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $20,808 – $27,978
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $16,761 – $17,096
University of British Columbia
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $25,978 – $36,588
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $8,605
University of Toronto
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $42,870 – $49,800
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $6,900 – $22,640
cheapest Universities in Canada(BACHELORS DEGREE)
1. University of the People
- Location: Online
- Tuition: Tuition-Free
- Degree Programs: Associate, Bachelor, Master (Business Administration, Education, Computer Science and Health Science)
UoPeople is a US accredited online university, meaning you can study anywhere and anytime! The application process is simple and the rewards of degree completion are definitely worthwhile.
2. Brandon University
- Location: Brandon, Manitoba
- Tuition: $7,203
- Degree Programs: BA, BBA, BEd, BFA, BM, BN, BSc
International students at Brandon U are invited to apply with the university’s international application process. Brandon University claims to have a long and positive relationship with international students and offers one-to-one professor interactions and research opportunities not available at larger universities.
3. Université de Saint-Boniface
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Tuition: $7,482
- Degree Programs: Bachelor’s Degrees in Arts, Social Work, Translation, Science, Nursing, Business and Education. Students may continue studies towards a Master’s degree at the University of Manitoba
International students at Saint-Boniface must expect to be able to speak a certain level of French as this is a French university. Some programs also require a level of English proficiency as well.
4. University of Guelph
- Location: Guelph, Ontario
- Tuition: $9,730
- Degree Programs: Bachelor’s Degrees from 5 Colleges (Arts, Biological Sciences, Business & Economics, Engineering & Physical Sciences, Social & Applied Human Sciences)
International students at Guelph will receive special assistance at the university with visa applications, English language study, housing, and have access to an advisor specifically for international students.
5. Canadian Mennonite University
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Tuition: $10,003
- Degree Programs: Three- and four-year BA, BSc, BBA, and Master’s Programs
International students at CMU are welcomed and encouraged to apply due to their undoubtedly wide variety of experiences and perspectives that they may bring. International students may choose from over 19 majors for bachelor’s studies.
6. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Location: St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Tuition: $11,460
- Degree Programs: More than 100 programs for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Certificates
International students at MUN: Memorial University warmly welcomes and encourages international applications. The university offers specialized services for international students such as student advising, an internationalization office, and international student groups.
cheapest Universities in Canada(MASTERS DEGREE)
1. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Location: St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Tuition: $3,222
- Degree Programs: Large variety of Master’s and Doctorate programs both in person and online, in fields of Humanities & Social Sciences, Professional Programs, Interdisciplinary Programs, and Sciences
2. University of Northern British Columbia
- Location: Prince George, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,297
- Degree Programs: MBA, MSc, MEd, MEng, MScN, MSW, Graduate Certificates, and Doctorate programs
3. University of Calgary
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Tuition: $3,693
- Degree Programs: Offers course-based and research-based Master’s and Doctorate degrees in a variety of subjects
4. Simon Fraser University
- Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,743
- Degree Programs: Variety of graduate programs in Applied Sciences, Arts & Social Sciences, Business, Communication, Art & Technology, Education, Environment, Health Sciences, and Science
5. University of Saskatchewan
- Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Tuition: $4,358
- Degree Programs: Over 80 Master’s and Doctorate degrees. Specializing in research and medical fields
Checkout this opportunity to Study in Japan. Read this Bilkent University Scholarship in Turkey, Fully Funded